I thought it would be appropriate to do the Christmas tag today. After all, I haven’t written a Christmassy post in a while.
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
Elf. For sure. It’s kind of funny and I think it has a good message; never let go of the kid inside of you.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Not that I can remember. All Holland has is rainy Christmasses. Although, I once spent a Christmas in Austria and we had snow there so I guess that counts.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At home most of the time. Although for the past two years we haven’t. I prefer to be at home though.
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Fool’s Holiday by All Time Low cause I love All Time Low. Shake Up Christmas by Train cause it reminds me of a cringy but fun video I once made with some Youtube friends. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Michael Buble, cause me and my friend always sing it during class. That makes me smile somtimes. I like to smile.
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No. I am Dutch so we open presents on the 5th of December.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
No. I am Dutch so we don’t really have that whole Santa tradition here. I know Rudolph though.
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Drinking hot chocolate with whipped cream, while wearing my Christmas jumper, while watching a cheesy tv show about loved ones seeing each other again after a long time on Christmas.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
I don’t really know to be honest. Does hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows count?
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Both. I like receiving for all the obvious reasons and I like giving because I really like putting effort into buying and wrapping the presents. If only I had some more money to spend..
11. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
New York and London. I have been to both places during Christmas time and I have never felt more at home. It was magical.
12. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I fail miserably, however I enjoy it anyway.
13. Most memorable Holiday moment?
Spending my Christmas in New York and London. Like I already said; it was magical.
14. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I’m going to change this question into: What made you realize the truth about Sinterklaas? Cause that’s what we call the man here. Some kid in my class spoiled it for me when I was 9. He had a full argumentation prepared to ruin it for everyone. Thanks for that, mate.
15. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
Yes I make them. I really try.
16. What makes the holidays special for you?
As sad as it sounds, the holidays are not that special to me. I think I like the idea of Christmas more than the actual thing. Perhaps it’s just my family that doesn’t really celebrate it that much. Although, I like the idea that we celebrate the birth of Jesus, cause I think Jesus is kinda cool.
Do not hesitate to answer some of these question (or all if you want) down below. I would love to know your answers.
I will see you tomorrow.